Policies (Revised as of 02/2007)
Delivery and Pick-Up Information
- Delivery and pick-up charges are based on the final size of the order as well as on the mileage to and from the location and are listed separately for your convenience.
- Deliveries and pick-ups are at A Party Center's discretion and are arranged weekly so that all clients can be accommodated as efficiently as possible. Deliveries will be made as early as three days prior to the event date. Pick-ups are generally scheduled for Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Deliveries for weekend events can be made as early as Wednesday or as late as the Saturday of the event weekend.
- Customers may call for more specific delivery details beginning four days prior to the event date.
- Equipment will be stacked neatly under any available overhang, which may be in front of the garage or front door, or behind the house if the client is not home and has not specified a preferred location.
- Delivery and pick-up will be outside at ground level only. Special arrangements may be made to deliver onto decks and to interiors of buidlings.
- Drivers and road crews are not permitted to bring equipment into homes or buildings unless otherwise instructed by an A Party Center office staff associate or as indicated on invoice. Clients that have arranged this service MUST sign authorization form. Click here to download form
- Drivers and road crews are not permitted to bring equipment to basements or upper floors of delivery location unless otherwise instructed by an A Party Center office staff associate or as indicated on invoice.
- Special delivery requests may be discussed with your rental specialist and can be arranged for an additional charge.
- Client is responsible for any damage which occurs should the equipment be exposed to the elements. It is highly recommended that the client be at the location for delivery and pick-up to protect the security deposit. If client will not be at location for pick-up and precipitation is in the forecast, A Party Center requires that all equipment be left under overhangs covered with plastic drop cloths or tarps for protection.
- Chairs and tables will be delivered stacked and/or bagged. They must be stacked and/or bagged for pick-up to avoid an additional charge. Set-up and knockdown of tables and chairs is available for an additional charge. Please ask your rental specialist for details.
- Dinnerware and flatware must be returned rinsed free of food items. It is not necessary to wash the items as they will be sanitized in house.
- If equipment is unavailable for pick-up at the agreed upon time, client agrees to pay a service charge equal to 50% of the original pick-up charge plus any additional rental fees incurred.
- Equipment will be made available for customer pick-up Wednesday through Saturday. Special arrangements will be made for weekday equipment use.
- A Party Center crew members will load and unload the equipment into your vehicle at our location. Client is responsible for securing items in their own vehicles should it be necessary.
- Upon customer pick-up, information and instruction will be given regarding the proper handling and use of equipment. Client accepts responsibility for use and care after leaving our facility and should ask any questions as our specialist is reviewing the information on site. We are here to help insure your event is a complete success and we will take any time necessary to do so.
- For customer pick-up and return, equipment will be counted as it goes out and comes in, insuring you have received and returned all items reserved.
- All food service items including dinnerware and flatware must be returned rinsed free of food items. It is not necessary to wash the items as they will be sanitized in house.
- At the time the rental equipment is reserved, a reservation deposit equal to 50% of the final order will be collected to guarantee the equipment for that date. This amount will be applied toward the final cost of the order and is non-refundable. Should cancellation be required due to unforseen circumstances not including weather, we may be able to make special arrangements to transfer your reservation deposit one time, to another date, based on equipment availability and our likelihood of re-renting the equipment for your original event date.
- In addition, A Party Center reserves the right to collect a separate security deposit when equipment is picked up or delivered which will be refunded only after all equipment has been returned in satisfactory condition.
- First-time renters may be subject to a cash security deposit upon pick-up or delivery of rental items.
- Client assumes responsibility for proper care of all rental equipment and agrees to pay for any damage or loss of the goods, regardless of cause, except reasonable wear & tear. Client also agrees to pay a reasonable cleaning charge, as determined by A Party Center, for equipment returned dirty. Accrued rental charges cannot be applied against the purchase, cost or repair of damaged or lost goods. Equipment damaged beyond repair will be paid for at its fair market value at the time of the rental.
- Damage waivers are not insurance. They cover our customers in the event of accidental damage to products and goods rented by A Party Center. Not all products that we rent are waiver eligible. Any product that is not covered will not be charged for. Damage incurred to rented equipment due to negligent actions will require a charge of the full replacement cost of the goods damaged. For example of but not limited to; slashes in tent side walls, improperly picking up or returning equipment in inadequate vehicles or with inadequate transportation equipment.
- Affective as of December 2006 A Party Center will be offering a damage waiver on all orders at an amount of 10%. This waiver is added automatically to all new customer accounts. All returning customers will have damage waivers added to their orders as of the 1st of the year. Damage waivers are not mandatory can be declined by billing customer at the time of pick up or delivery prior to the event. Any customer requesting the decline of their damage waiver after the termination of their event will not be honored.
- For a list of equipment that is not covered by damage waiver please consult your account representative.